Protect yourself. Protect your community
Thursday, 26th March 2020
Keep connected as a community by taking some simple steps.
- Stay informed. Use information from reputable sources, for example the coronavirus section on this site.
- Support others in your community. Look out for your neighbours and family members.
- Keep connected to your family, friends and work colleagues through phone, email and social media.
- Do not panic buy foods, medicines or other goods.
- If you have returned from overseas you must self-isolate at home or in a hotel for 14 days.
- If you have had close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the previous 14 days you must self-isolate and must not participate in community gatherings.
- Stay home if you are sick and don’t expose others. If you are unwell with flu-like symptoms, do not go outside your property or home, do not go to work, school or shops unless it is essential – for example to seek medical care.
Prepare for quarantine or self-isolation
- Ensure you have enough non-perishable food and medicine for you and your family for 14 days.
- Plan with friends and family how you would manage if you need to self- isolate for 14 days.
Department of Health and Human Services